Today the Ontario Media Development Corporation announced the nominees for the Trillium Book Award and the Trillium Book Award for Poetry.
This year, the lists feature a strong showing from independent presses, including House of Anansi, Invisible Publishing, Biblioasis, Tightrope Books, Pedlar Press, and Coach House Books.
Several debuts made the list as well, including Open Book's own Kevin Hardcastle, shortlisted for his debut short story collection, Debris. Read on for the full 2016 shortlists!
English-language Finalists for the Trillium Book Award:
- Lynn Crosbie for Where Did You Sleep Last Night, House of Anansi Press
- Andrew Forbes for What You Need, Invisible Publishing
- Kevin Hardcastle for Debris, Biblioasis
- Robert Hough for The Man Who Saved Henry Morgan, House of Anansi Press
- Janette Platana for A Token of My Affliction, Tightrope Books
- Karen Solie for The Road In Is Not The Same Road Out, House of Anansi Press
Finalists for the Trillium Book Award for Poetry in English language:
- Madhur Anand for A New Index for Predicting Catastrophes, McClelland and Stewart
- Soraya Peerbaye for Tell: poems for a girlhood, Pedlar Press
- Damian Rogers for Dear Leader, Coach House Books
The winners will be announced on June 22, 2016 at a dinner to be held in Toronto.
For the full list including French language nominees, please see the Trillium Award website