Friday, March 8 was International Women's Day, where people acknowledged the contributions, struggles, and achievements of women, both historical and contemporary. It was also a day to think about how far we still have to go, and to keep these important conversations top of mind, we're giving away a prize pack of incredible books created by women.
It's all courtesy of the incredible feminist publishing house Inanna Publications - be sure to check out their whole catalogue if you're looking for powerful, female-identified stories!
The International Women's Day Prize Pack from Inanna Publications includes one copy of each of:
- One Bead at a Time by Beverly Little Thunder, as told to Sharron Proulx-Turner
- Amah and the Silk-Winged Pigeons by Jocelyn Cullity
- Motion Sickness by Ursula Pflug (illustrations by S.K. Dyment)
- Changing Places: Feminist Essays on Empathy and Relocation by Valerie Burton and Jean Guthrie
- Stained With the Colours of Sunday Morning by Rayanne Haines
- PLUS! You get an Inanna bookbag to put it all in (while you're heading out to smash the patriarchy)
To enter, send us an email at email@example.com with your full mailing address and the subject line "Inanna Women's Day Contest". To be considered, you need to enter by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 17, 2019. One entrant will be chosen at random and notified via email.
A big thank you to our friends at Inanna Publications for this generous prize pack and good luck to all those who enter!