It's the country's favourite and most unique literary competition - CBC Canada Reads is almost here for 2018! If you love the no-holds-barred book debate, be sure to stay tuned to Open Book for our coverage of the competition, which runs from March 26 to March 29, 2018.
And to make it all the more exciting, you can enter for a chance to win your own complete set of the five finalists' incredible books, courtesy of CBC!
The CBC Canada Reads Prize Pack includes one copy of each of:
- The Boat People (McClelland & Stewart) by Sharon Bala (defended by Mozhdah Jamalzadah)
- American War (McClelland & Stewart) by Omar El Akkad (defended by Tahmoh Penikett)
- Precious Cargo (Knopf Canada) by Craig Davidson (defended by Greg Johnson)
- Forgiveness (HarperCollins Canada) by Mark Sakamoto (defended by Jeanne Beker)
- The Marrow Thieves (Dancing Cat Books) by Cherie Dimaline (defended by Jully Black)
It's a powerhouse list this year, and you don't want to miss the chance to read along with the panelists. To enter, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Canada Reads Contest", with your name and full mailing address included. The deadline for this contest is Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 11:59pm. One winner will be randomly selected and notified by email. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Hosted by Ali Hassan, CBC Canada Reads 2018 will be broadcast on CBC across all platforms and live-streamed daily at CBCbooks.ca, March 26-March 29, 2018. For more information about Canada Reads, please visit their website.