"Ten" is the word on the street today because today's contest is our biggest ever with a whopping ten titles for one lucky winner. Courtesy of The Word on the Street, we're giving away a truly massive prize pack of some of the best new writing in the country.
Packed with urgent, socially aware nonfiction, powerful fiction, moving and wise poetry, and even a play by one of the country's most exciting playwrights, this prize pack is a rare chance to rake in a huge stack of the best in Canadian writing.
Check out the books included in the prize pack, and be sure to check out The Word on the Street festival schedule, where you can find all these authors and many more in free, accessible online events. The festival runs until September 26 so there's lots more to see and hear!
The Word on the Street Big Ten Contest prize pack includes one copy of each of:
- The Case for Basic Income by Elaine Power and Jamie Swift (Between the Lines)
- On Property by Rinaldo Walcott (Biblioasis)
- Happily Ever Older: Revolutionary Approaches to Long-Term Care by Moira Welsh (ECW Press)
- Fuse by Hollay Ghadery (Guernica)
- Letters to Amelia by Lindsay Zier-Vogel (Book*hug)
- Even So by Lauren B. Davis (Dundurn Press)
- Daria by Irene Marques (Inanna Publications)
- The Quiet is Loud by Samantha Garner (Invisible Publishing)
- Bones by Tyler Pennock (Brick Books)
- Buffoon by Anosh Irani (House of Anansi Press)
To enter, all you need to do is a send us an email with your full mailing address and the subject line "WOTS Big Ten Contest" at firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be received by 11:59pm on Sunday, September 26, 2021 in order to be considered.
For an extra bonus entry, tell us the name of the author you're most excited to see at The Word on the Street this year!
One winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. One entry per person. This contest is open to Canadian residents only. Chance of winning depends on number of entries received.