On June 11 and 12, The Word on the Street will return to Queen's Park, a former cite of the beloved book festival. Two full days of readings, panels, workshops, book and magazine sales, literary gift shopping, and tasty street food will act as an unofficial kick off party for a return to live literary events in Toronto after two long years of virtual-only events. And for folks who need or prefer to attend from home, there will still be plenty of livestream options available.
To celebrate WOTS 2022, we're partnering with the festival to offer a whopper of a contest: a ten-book prize pack featuring books by writers appearing at the festival. Do not miss this one—it's one of our biggest contests ever and we're excited to put this (heavy!) stack in the hands of one lucky winner.
The Epic Word on the Street 10 Book Prize Pack:
- Dante's Indiana by Randy Boyagoda (Biblioasis)
- Lesser Known Monsters of the 21st Century by Kim Fu (Coach House Books)
- Autonomy by Victoria Hetherington (Dundurn Press)
- The Pump by Sydney Hegele (Invisible Publishing)
- No Stars in the Sky by Martha Bátiz (House of Anansi)
- Taobao by Dan K. Woo (Wolsak & Wynn)
- Why I Was Late by Charlie Petch (Brick Books)
- The Day-Breakers by Michael Fraser (Biblioasis)
- Cane | Fire by Shani Mootoo (Book*hug Press)
- Still Hopeful by Maude Barlow (ECW Press)
The prize pack includes one physical copy of each title above.
To enter, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries are limited to one per person but everyone who enters can receive one bonus entry by telling us the author at The Word on the Street 2022 you're most looking forward to seeing. All entries must be received by 11:59pm on Sunday, June 5, 2022 in order to be considered.
Please note that the prize pack will be available for pick up at The Word on the Street 2022 and arrangements will be made directly with the prize winner.
Your CanLit News
Subscribe to Open Book’s newsletter to get local book events, literary content, writing tips, and more in your inbox
One winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. One entry per person apart from bonus entry method described above. This contest is open to Canadian residents only. Chance of winning depends on number of entries received.