Today we're sharing the second instalment of December Gratitude, our round-up of some of our favourite postings from 2021. If you missed the first one, featuring some incredible 2021 writer-in-residence posts, you can check it out here!
Today we're highlighting just a few of our favourite columns from this past year, written by our talented Open Book columnists. We've had the opportunity to publish columns by some of the finest writers in the country, both emerging and established, over the years and 2021 was another great one for our columnist roster.
Be sure to check out the full columnists' archive when you can, but here are five of our favourites to get your started.
2021 Columns in Review:
- Waubgeshig Rice on Necessary Residential School Reading
- A.H. Reaume on Giving Herself Permission Not to Write
- Stacey May Fowles on Christina Crook's Advice for Living Joyfully in Our Digital Age
- Daniel Scott Tysdal shares Writing Prompts from Short Films
- Ayesha Mumal on Beating the Burnout in Books and Publishing
A huge thank you to all our amazing columnists - stay tuned for more from them in 2022.
Your CanLit News
Subscribe to Open Book’s newsletter to get local book events, literary content, writing tips, and more in your inbox